More and more companies of all sizes around the world are working to implement a powerful management tool called ERP system. What is it?
In a broad sense, it is a methodology for planning and managing all of a company’s resources. Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) refers to a type of software that integrates the core operations of an organization into a single integrated system. Advanced planning, modelling and analysis tools help to optimize the production, accounting, finance, human resources and marketing information systems.
An ERP system can simplify your company’s business processes, increase productivity and profitability. However, do not rush to choose the first system that occurs, the choice is a complicated process. You will make the wrong choice and it will cost you a lot of time, money and broken hopes about the result.
There are hundreds of different ERP systems and finding the model that best suits your business will take time. Therefore, we have created an overview of the 10 best ERP systems, which will allow you to see the advantages, disadvantages and pricing of the systems, so you can see if it fits your organization’s expectations. So let’s take a closer look.
“Acumatica” is a flexible ERP system that meets the needs of different companies. It offers a wide range of services to companies in a variety of specialities – from manufacturing, service, wholesale and retail to the telecommunications industry.
- Workflow automation. It keeps company structures and functions running smoothly. It also allows you to view the workflow and productivity of different companies in one system, as this helps to strengthen the data.
- Built on the cloud. It allows you to use it on any web-enabled device. Your business operations are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. You can intuitively run reports and analyze your performance every day so you can make safer and smarter business decisions.
- Information Collection System. Informs whether stocks need to be replenished to keep the organization running smoothly. In other words, it monitors stocks for you.
- Pay for the resources used. The exact price depends on several factors, including which modules you use and how many transactions your company performs per day.
- Unusual pricing structure. It is set differently than other ERP systems, so it can be difficult to catch up on how much it will cost you.
- Installation seems daunting. There are many features and customization options.
- Pricing? It might seem confusing but the exact prices are not appearing on the internet. Anyway, you can check the “Acumatica website”, enter your estimated consumption and they will determine the price for you. The license costs about 880 € a month for a small business with a small number of features.
“Tryton” is an open-source ERP system for small, medium, and modern enterprises. It offers a flexible architecture, reliable security, and sophisticated query capabilities to help industries change their business models.
- Fast, user-friendly software system.
- It has an automatic inventory tracking system and a warehouse controller.
- Generates reports immediately.
- Asset Tracker, mobile version and training are unfortunately unavailable.
- Pricing? It is 100% open source and completely free.
“Odoo” is a modular ERP system that covers all the main business processes of the company – sales, warehouse, production, e-commerce, project management and marketing.
- All in one. One solution that covers all your business processes. From CRM to production process management.
- Open source system. “Odoo” VVS is divided into two versions – free (community) and paid (enterprise). It has a database of over 20,000 applications where you can find ready to use and suitable solutions for your business.
- Flexible system. “Odoo” has plenty of standard functions. However, if your business has individual needs, the system can be supplemented by creating an individual solution and functionality for you.
- Modular system. You can start with Module 1 – Sales Management (CRM) and then expand as needed, adding additional features as the “Odoo” solution consists of 30+ individual components that you can use as needed.
- Works on a cloud basis.
- Lack of customer support. Some customers say that system bug fixes by the “Odoo” team often take a long time and the cost of training courses is too high.
- Hard-to-maintain a free solution version of “Odoo”. It requires a sufficiently high level of IT knowledge to be fully operational.
- Sophisticated Pricing Plans. If you need more than one additional program, you’ll have to pay $ 30 per month for the user and the price of the program you choose.
- Pricing? The price of one service ranges from 6 € to 48 € per month for one user. If you want to know the exact price – “Odoo” has a tool on its website that allows you to calculate how much you will have to pay each month for the services you need.
“Sage X3” is a suite of solutions that digitizes the entire workflow in a company’s value chain, from accounting and budgeting to manufacturing and customer service. “Sage X3” provides a faster, more intuitive, and more customized business management solution than usual ERP organizations.
- User-friendly interface. “Sage X3” is rated for ease of use and simplified dashboards.
- Scaling across multiple business lines. The software allows you to separate subsidiaries into stock, financial websites and other platforms. By using as separate units with separate purposes, you can still share important information.
- Fully integrated web services.
- Production management with material billing (BOM) planning, store control, quality control and project management functions on X3 dashboards
- Traceability of inventories, financial data and manufacturing operations throughout the product life cycle.
- Automation of the order to the place of dispatch and delivery.
- The difficulty of custom configurations. Some users express frustration at how difficult it is to encode custom configurations on the system. The main language of the “Sage X3” is the patented 4GL language, which makes it difficult to operate without a specialist.
- Concerns about customer service. Sage customer service representatives often do not have the technical, localized, or industry-specific knowledge to provide the support customers need.
- Limited quality control. Unclear descriptions of error messages complicate the troubleshooting process and often lead to additional user errors.
- Pricing? As in any system, it depends on the plan you choose. It starts from 9 € to 75 € euros per month for users.
“Dolibarr” is a free ERP software for small, medium and large businesses that combines ERP and CRM features. In addition, it offers downloadable add-ons. This applies to foundations and freelancers. It allows users to organize and manage various aspects of the business, such as communications, inventory management, orders, contacts, invoice management, and more.
- Fast integration with other software and systems to make it easy to meet all your business management needs.
- Installation and modification are simple. Software development is ongoing because translators, testers, and developers are constantly working with software based on user feedback.
- CRM and ERP software is open source. Freelance workers, small organizations and small and medium enterprises can customize and configure it to perfectly suit their needs.
- It can only manage one currency at a time.
- The number of modules is significantly less than in other ERPs and they will not cover most business scenarios.
- You will not get mobile applications.
- Pricing? Although it is free to use, there is a minimum charge for some accessories and some modules. Basics packet price starts from 9 € for a month and the bonus packet starts at 30 € per month, plus a 12 € for a user per month.
“Brightpearl” is one of the best retail management applications to help businesses manage all key aspects of their business – accounting, reporting, customer data, stock-taking and order management.
- Consolidation. “Brightpearl” brings all your sales channels together in one place. It also automates essential tasks such as purchase orders and order fulfilment.
- Reporting. The system can provide information on business operations – from inventory to sales history and more.
- The difficulty of use. It will take some time to learn how to use it, even with custom activation and training, because the system includes many features. You’ll encounter a learning curve at any point of sale, but “Brightpearl’s” range of features reinforces it.
- May not be the solution for companies who manufacture products. The system does not provide this as an option in its inventory management system.
- Pricing? “Brightpearl’s” pricing depends on specific business needs. Although the site does not provide any specific pricing information, users say that “Brightpearl” charges a flat monthly fee based on the level of service the company provides and the number of users on the account. We can only say that prices starts at 87 € per month.
“Infor” has specific programs that help manufacturers speed up processes so they can become more productive without compromising on service quality. The system is equipped with smart features that allow manufacturers to identify key challenges and tools to solve them. “Infor” is best suited for manufacturing companies, but the program can be adapted to other types of companies as it provides organizations with high visibility and real-time data.
- Promotes productivity. “Infor” ERP helps organizations identify even the smallest problems in supply, sales, production, or execution so they can solve a problem quickly and run smoothly.
- Better management tools. The system provides useful tools for efficiently managing resource allocation, plan execution, and scheduling.
- User-friendly layout. The screen layouts are clear, consistent and functional even for freshman users. The user can choose to show him only those applications that are needed.
- Accessories required. Additional software packages are often required to achieve a higher level of detail.
- Pricing? One-time license cost from 700 € to 965 € per user for a named user license. An annual licensing fee which is 175 € is charged after one year of purchase.
“Salesforce” will be great for your organization if you are looking for a flexible and appropriate solution. This software helps organizations to implement programs that will streamline operations.
- Compatibility. “Salesforce” is compatible with all major browsers, which are Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. The software is very handy and has interfaces that are simple to learn and it makes implementation easier for the organization and its employees.
- Cloud-Native Platform. Unlike most software running on servers, “Salesforce” runs on the cloud, which means that connection constraints and the difficulty of accessing data for employees are avoided, and this equipment is available online. Cloud-native software provides access to on-demand computing resources and allows you to perform all the functions without the need to install additional hardware.
- Customization. Salesforce provides the ability to quickly visualize your company’s operations and make changes to achieve efficiencies. With this system, you get a wide range of tools that can be configured to suit your business needs to track key performance indicators.
- Costly Customizations and Add-Ons. Customization and additional users cost extra money.
- Time-Consuming Setup. Although Salesforce has a large number of features and tools, installing them on your own can be difficult. You will need to learn how to use the equipment yourself, identify the right tools for your organization, and create other tools you need to operate the system. We recommend using a specialist to simplify the process.
- Pricing? The essentials come from 22 € per month for users and can range to 270 € per month for unlimited use of functions.
“SAP” is developed according to global best practices. The SAP ERP business management system is designed to manage the most important business processes of large regional and international companies: accounting, finance, production, supply chain, sales cycle, inventory, human resources, customer service and others.
- Flexibility. Companies can create their own rules in the “SAP” structure. They determine which employees reach each area of the “SAP “environment, only qualified employees have access to personnel data such as payroll rates. It also can flexibly integrate its data with a variety of databases.
- Great visibility. It allows companies to see a wide range of activities related to product development, operations, sales, human capital, manufacturing and asset management.
- Analytical Features. The software has a variety of analytical features, such as performance evaluation, reporting, and decision making. “SAP” can analyze data from multiple sources and make decisions together.
- Complexity. Although the system has introduced smart product user support, the system is still very challenging to use.
- Human Resources. “SAP” ERP integration requires a dedicated team capable of troubleshooting process-related disruptions.
- Pricing? The Pricing starts from 87 € as a subscription for one user per month talking about a limited plan and it goes to 116 € per month for a professional plan.
“Microsoft Dynamics 365” is a business management platform that integrates the functionality of customer relationship management (CRM) and business management (ERP) systems into a single cloud and ensures the flow of data across the enterprise and comprehensive real-time business insights.
- The platform integrates seamlessly with the familiar “Office 365” suite and is complemented by the latest business analytics tools (Power BI, Cortana Intelligence, IoT) to provide real-time business insights and solutions.
- Flexible pricing. You only use and pay for what your business needs (such as a CRM system and accounting module). As your business grows, you can easily connect additional users or the features you need.
- The cloud system. It allows users to connect to enterprise systems from any device online.
- Built on the Azure platform. It uses the highest security standards and is fully compliant with GDPR and other data privacy laws.
- Some users report that using a mobile app makes it difficult for them to connect to certain apps and tools.
- Pricing? Microsoft Dynamics suite costs from 57 € for users per month to 220 € per month. However, the price can vary depending on the service required.
As the world becomes more digital every day, ERP systems are becoming an inevitable part of the world system. Integrating an ERP system into your business can be a great way to optimize your production processes, develop your business, reduce costs, and increase growth. Integrating ERP systems sometimes can be challenging and time-consuming, luckily our partners Webuildtech can help you to find the best ERP solution for your business and ultimately make the integration. Choose wisely and always seek what’s best for your business.
How did you like the article? Did we miss something? Share your feedback in the comments.